Oh my oh my! I have had not one, but two wonderful Liebster awards handed my way so I think I better get to these! I was awarded by both the Budget Beauty and Seeking Subtle Glow who both have very interesting blogs of their own, so be sure to check them out!
This award acknowledges bloggers with less than 200 followers, and allows us all to get to know each other and find new blogs.
These are the rules to participate:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
- Nominate 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you love.
- Let the bloggers know that you have nominated them.
- Post 11 questions for them to answer.
Because I was nominated by two bloggers, there are 22 questions for me to answer:
From Budget Beauty:
1. Favorite brand for lipstick/gloss?
I had to think about this one for a moment, but honestly I can’t really say that I’m particularly brand-oriented. My current favorite lipstick is that Clinique one I’ve mentioned several times – which is unfortunate, because damn it, I don’t want to be supporting Clinique! It’s just such a perfect everyday color!
2. Show us your most used eyeshadow/eyeshadow palette.
I’m guessing this is in reference to which I’m using the most these days, so I would have to say it’s still my MUA Makeup Academy’s Pretty Edgy Palette:
3. Matte or dewy foundation finish?
I love a dewy look, but since I get oily easily throughout the day, I tend to at least try to go for a more matte look…
4. When did you start wearing makeup?
I think I wore like translucent eyebrow gel when I was about 13 and possibly some lipstick or gloss, but I didn’t really start doing makeup until I was around 16 I think? I don’t even remember. I’m so old.
5. What inspires your makeup looks?
I sometimes take inspiration from pictures and makeup looks in magazines, sometimes looks I see on blogs, but if I’m honest, my daily makeup is usually just whatever comes to my mind in the morning. I stick to pretty neutral looks so it rarely shows much creativity. I think I would have much more elaborate and interesting looks on a daily basis if I wasn’t stuck behind eyeglasses!
6. Drugstore or high end makeup?
Drugstore. Didn’t even have to think about it. I have tried very few high end products to begin with so I guess I can’t say much about them, but since I keep finding pieces I love for the fraction of the price of the high end stuff, why bother? I’ll rather spend my money on something else.
7. What products are on your vanity/makeup table/bathroom counter right now?
Oh my dear lord. This would like… consist of every cosmetic product I own and that’s a list so vast that I don’t even want to go there! But, on a daily basis I use very few things really. I could say what I don’t have and that would be… any form of tanning sprays/lotions, fake nails, fake lashes, gel polishes… Hrmm. Yeah.
8. It’s midnight and you’re super hungry. What do you grab for a snack?
I would tell myself to stfu and go back to sleep, honestly. On weekdays I aim (and often succeed) to be in bed well before midnight and this tends to extend to weekends too these days because my job is currently quite hectic and draining and I loooove sleeping! I’ve never been one to eat at night anyways, but I would likely have a glass of water.
9. Nude or red lip?
Red lips win every time. I can’t even figure out what would be a nude lip for me!
10. If you could only wear one makeup product tomorrow, what would you choose?
Tough one. I would have to go with that lipstick. It could double as a blush and I certainly need blush…
11. Tell us three things that you love about yourself.
You’re asking a Finn to list off three things she loves about herself? Brave! Well. What do I love about myself? I love the fact that I can logic my way through pretty much any situation. I love my imagination. I love the fact that I have grown up – at least a bit. Do these count?
Questions by Seeking Subtle Glow:
I wanted to start blogging in English because I felt like there could be something that the international community could offer me / teach me that I wasn’t getting from the Finnish community – and boy have I been right! I also wanted to share my opinions on products… but most of all, I originally started my blog, any blog, as an outlet, as a way to document my life, granted that this one has turned out to be far more of a beauty blog than I originally intended!
If you don’t count me turning off my alarm and I’m being brutally honest? I go pee. Then, I drink a glass of water and take my vitamins and proceed to get ready for the day.
Can I have option C? I like a bit of sheen. If I had to choose though, right now, I would choose matte.
Jam! It’s just more real.
Weeeeell… I’ve had bangs for 10 years in a row now. I can’t seem to get rid of them!
Just one item? Eek! Lip balm?
A sombrero. No, I kid, I kid. Probably a beanie. A warm, wintery-kind of beanie. I have a good head for hats, really. Is beanie really a hat? If not, I say stetson.
I have a wonderful little poodle, Milo, who is 12 years old and 8 kilos heavy. I’ve had him since he was 8 weeks old. I wish to have more pets in the future!
Hah, realistically, I would have to say it’s my black, 3/4 length, cotton harem pants. That sounds so gross, and it kind of is, but they’re the most comfortable damn thing I own. And they’re not that harem-y, just a hint… And no, hopefully you will never see a picture!
I’m not sure if I have a particular goal. I do this for fun, for the want to share things with people. I’m taking this blog where it will take me!
I naturally speak English with a very clear, American accent, though when I first met my husband, I spoke perfect British newscaster English. He found it hilarious, but it was what we were taught in school!
- Pretty Little Grub
- All the small stuff and things
- Tangerine Latte
- Powder & Puff (about 270 followers, but I don’t care!)
- – 11. …I’m sorry, but every blog I could think of / look up seems to have a ton of readers, so if YOU there are a blogger with less than 200 followers, snatch this challenge up and let me know that you did so and I’ll check you out!
- What is the best beauty tip you could give to a girl/woman of your own age?
- Do you have any bad beauty habits? If so, what are they?
- What is the most horrifying beauty trend that’s currently IN STYLE, in your opinion?
- Do you feel that you have found your own style, be it in terms of makeup or clothing?
- What is the one item of clothing that you would never be seen in public in?
- What do you look like, when you feel that you’re looking your best?
- If you could only wear one shade of lipstick or lip gloss for the rest of your life, which shade would it be?
- What do you think is the most useless beauty invention of all time?
- What do you think is the most useful one?
- Would you like to blog for a living?
- If you could do absolutely anything you want right now, what would it be?
Now, have at it!