My bucket list
I honestly had to google up what a bucket list is. No joke. I’m not “hip” nor “cool”. *sniffles*
Then, it turned out that I can’t exactly whip out like a 100 things I want to do before dying. Also, despite considering myself quite the dreamer, I’m also a realist at the same time. I’d love to add “go to space” into a bucket list, but that’s not likely to happen, so should I add it there anyway? I would want to keep the list attainable, but that would probably exclude quite a few things from it.
So, despite my limitations, here is a list of TWENTY things, I would like to do before I die. I think these are attainable goals.
- I want to own a moderately-sized home with a garden that has fruit trees, berry bushes and herbs etc. The home should have 1 full bathroom with a tub that has claw feet. I’d also like a smaller bathroom with a toilet seat and a sink + storage space and a shower. The home should also have an open kitchen/dining room with space enough to seat 8 people. Spacious livingroom with a fireplace would be lovely. I’d like this home to have 2 stories (and possibly a basement if my husband would like to have some kind of a hobby room there as he likes basements – I don’t). Downstairs there would be the kitchen/dining, living room and the smaller bathroom as well as a bedroom for visitors. Upstairs would have our bedroom (with a sky light – or whatever that ceiling window is called) and a spacious room for myself to relax, read, draw, blog & craft in. If husband doesn’t want a basement for himself, then we should have a room for him upstairs as well. There could be an extra bedroom on this floor as well, though it’s probably not needed and I don’t want to have to clean up any extra space! I want two walk-in closets though and a space with good lighting for me to do my makeup in…
- I’d like this home to be located in such a place that I could also have animals on the property. I’d like to have my own horse and a pony that I could teach tricks to. I’d also like to have my own cow for milk and my own chickens for eggs. I wouldn’t mind owning other animals as well, mostly as pets.
- I’d like to learn how to best care for all of those animals.
- I’d like to learn how to make cheese, if I have animals that produce milk.
- I would like to live by the sea.
- I would like to sleep in a tree house or generally underneath the stars.
- I would like to go to the desert at night to watch the stars. Sahara would be a good place for this.
- I would like to travel to each of the continents.
- I want to go on a week long “horseback hike” in Iceland and visit the Blue Lagoon.
- I want to see the Cliffs of Moher.
- I want to go to the Redwoods.
- I want to visit the inside of a pyramid.
- I want to see a coral reef.
- I especially wish to go to Bolivia and visit Salar de Uyuni (featured image)
- I would like to go sailing and perhaps own a boat.
- I would like to adopt a healthy and down-to-earth kind of a diet that wouldn’t cost a fortune to maintain and that would still keep me satisfied and not needing junk food.
- I want to live in Scotland or Ireland a while.
- I want to have a job where I can really express myself and utilize my skills. This would give me a great deal of satisfaction.
- I would like to find a creative hobby that suits me well.
- I would like to learn more languages, such as Japanese (which I’ve started), Italian, Spanish, Gaelic, Arabic… you name it. I’m not too picky. However, je ne parle pas français! je ne pas!
(by clicking the links you can see some of my favorite pins!)